I got so many questions on how to bake polymer clay so I decided to make a short video about it. It covers what polymer clay actually is and why you have to bake it. I will show you what things you will need and some tips on the process! I hope you will find it helpful!
Things you will need:
– Oven thermometer (optional, if you have a good oven that has accurate temperature)
– Foil/baking paper
Step by step:
– Put your creations on a small sheet of baking of foil or baking paper and then on the oven-tray
– Look for the recommended baking temperature on the clay and preheat it to this degree
– After preheating put the clay on the tray in the oven, centring it on the middle rack for even heating
– Look for the recommended baking time and bake it that long
– Open the windows to ensure fresh air
– Turn off the oven and put on oven gloves to put out the oven-tray
– Wrap around a towel to slowly cool down the clay
Is there an alternative to baking the clay?
– You can use air drying clay!
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me!
Have a wonderful week!